Thursday, 05 Dec 2019 Christmas in Paris: must-see events!
Discover or rediscover the must-seen event during Christmas in Paris near your hotel Le Belleval.
- The St Laz’ market is the closest Christmas market to the Belleval Hotel! It takes place from November 29th until December 24th and is located on the esplanade in font of Saint Lazare train station. Stands offer product from big brands and allow to have plenty of present ideas for Christmas (high-tech, fashion, gastronomic…) with PlayStation, and Disney brands, but also Bastien de Changy pastries for example.
- Tuileries Garden Christmas market: This year, the Champs Elysées Christmas market is located in one of the most beautiful parks of Paris at less than 20 minutes walking distance from the Belleval: the Tuileries Garden! From November 15th to January 5, 2020, several stands will please children and adults with activities, merry-go-round and restaurants.
- Notre Dame de Paris Christmas market: It takes place from December 13th to 29th at the Viviani Square, at the bottom of Notre Dame. This small Christmas market suggests local products and hand-crafted presents. Free activities will enjoy children, and Santa Claus will also be there!
- Afro-Caribbean Christmas market comes back for its 3rd edition at the Gallery Joseph, located in the Marais area, from December 13th to 15th. The market of 1000 square meter offer plenty of ideas for the perfect present, thanks to many stands with Afro-Caribbean colors.
- Hasard Ludique market: On Sunday, December 1st, 8th and 15th, the Hasard Ludique proposes a Christmas market with 3 different themes: Afro market for December 1st, Made in 18th arrondissement market for December 8th and vegan market for December, 15th.
- The big green Christmas market is coming back for its 10th edition and will be at the 10 Bastille. 50 exhibitors and craftsmen are spotlighting plants for decorative objects, jewelries, gastronomy and beauty products.
Illuminations and light festival
- Lights festival in Jardin des Plantes for its 2nd year, the Jardin des Plantes is coming back with new illuminations with the ocean theme. From November 18th to January 19th, a nice show of huge enlighten animals’ statues are marveling children and adults. Full rate of 15 €, from 6 PM to 10:45.
- Champs-Elysées illuminations: From November 24th, the actress Ludivine Sagnier switched on the illuminations of the Champs-Elysées Avenue. For the 2nd year, the red colour is dominating. From the Concorde to the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées will be illuminated each day from 5 PM to 2 AM, but also the whole night of December 24th and 31st. At last, balls are organized from December 26th to 29th next to the Concorde.
- Avenue Montaigne illuminations: From November 19th to January 2nd, Avenue Montaigne will be festive, at less than 1,5km from the Belleval Hotel! Come and discover Christmas trees all along the Montaigne Avenue, enchanting scenery and shops opened each Sunday!
- Bercy Village illuminations: From November 14th, the shopping street of the 12th arrondissement invited the artist Laurent Sanguinetti in order to decorate and illuminate center aisle of the village with 28 bright sculptures, goblins, imaginary and fabulous animals…
- Until January 5th, the Printemps thinks in larger dimensions! In Christmas vitrines, the Printemps gives life to enchanting characters. We can see funny animals and puppets, such as swallows preparing coffees or parrots on a delirium show!
- The BHV decided to recreate the magic of Christmas as a Strasbourg Christmas market in its vitrines and outside the shopping mall until January 2nd. Craftsmen coming from all across France propose sweet treats and Strasbourg specialties in Rivoli Street (hot wine, waffles from Pierre Marcolini, Mariage Frères tea,…) and also in the Cour de l’Homme, where an authentic Christmas village has been conceived! Photo sessions with Santa each Wednesday and Sunday are planned, as well as Christmas choir each weekend from 3 PM to 7 PM inside the BHV.
- At 10 minutes walking from the Belleval Hotel, the Galeries Lafayette Haussman have the theme of Christmas Hive. Indeed, the traditional Christmas tree is scattered by winter flowers and XXL balls, that forage each 30 minutes. For a breathtaking view on the Christmas tree, come on the Glass Walk, which is a suspended gateway of 9 meters, at 16 meters above the ground! At last, Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann installed a skating ring of 176 square meter for the first time on the terrace-roof, opened from 10 AM to 8 PM, accessible for free. You will be able to ice-skate while admiring the most beautiful vue of Paris, from boulevard Haussmann until glittering Eiffel tower!